Museum mission and history
visiting hours and directions to the museum
Intro to featured exhibit
An interview with founding member and Chairman of the Board of International Museum of Muslim Cultures
An interview with co-founder and executive director of the first Muslim museum in America
Wonders of the Written World
Click here to download.
Rediscover the glory of one of the three ancient centers of learning in Timbuktu
Muslim Museum featured in Aramco maganzine
Visit Timbuktu Exhibition
For the first time ever
- 25 Rare African Manuscripts (of varied subjects)
- Life in a leather tent of Saharan caravan traders
- Rise and decline of the great empires of West Africa and their leaders
- Legendary Sankore Mosque and University
- Manuscript preservation efforts by hereditary scholars in Timbuktu
- Methods and tools of manuscript production
- French colonialism in Mali and the slave trade
- life in Mali today and the work of generational artisans
- sketches from the lives of African Muslims enslaved in America
- Muslim roots of Mississippi blues tradition
Launching on November 28th, 2006 at the Mississippi Arts Center in Jackson, Mississippi. Purchase tickets now
Museum featured in Aramco Magazine
January/February 2006 Issue of the Aramco magazine covers a feature article about the museum
Preserved manuscripts discussing Travel Accounts and written in the early 1700's by a scholar of Timbuktu.
LEGACY OF TIMBUKTU
"In the last millennium an important global legacy was uncovered—the literate culture of AFRICA!"
This legacy lives in the extraordinary richness of historical manuscripts that still survive.