FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, June 1, 2020
JACKSON, MS – USA Today recently announced its year 2020 10Best Readers’ Choice Awardees, with the International Museum of Muslim Cultures of Jackson, MS the country’s first Muslim museum, coming in 4th among the top 10 winners in the category of religious museums. There were 10 categories with 20 nominees each, and after four weeks of voting, the winners were revealed. A select panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial nominees for all categories of the competition. The top 10 winners were determined by popular vote on the USA Today 10Best.com website and social media platforms.
This win comes at an unprecedented time of dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic’s ripple effect on the museum industry and the arts in general. Although closed since March 16th, with staff working remotely, IMMC’s response to this challenge has been to expedite the launch of an online academy and virtual platform! Please stay tuned.
Congratulations to all the winning religious museums! These are the top 10 winners in the category “Best Religious Museum,” which include the country’s best Jewish, religious art collections, heritage centers, and the country’s first Muslim museum:
Ark Encounter – Williamstown, KY
- Creation Museum – Petersburg, KY.
- Museum of the Bible – Washington, DC
- The International Museum of Muslim Cultures – Jackson, MS
- Wycliffe Discovery Center – Orlando, FL
- Biblical History Center – LaGrange, GA
- The Billy Graham Library – Charlotte, NC
- National Museum of American Jewish History – Philadelphia, PA
- Oregon Jewish Museum – Portland, OR
- Saint John Paul II National Shrine – Washington, DC